William E. Metcalf
came to Yale in 2002 after a long career at the American Numismatic Society and several teaching posts.
Selected Recent Publications
- “Numismatics,” in A. Barchiesi and W. Scheidel, eds., Oxford Handbook of Roman Studies (Oxford, 2010) 135–145.
- “Hadrianic novelties,” Yale University Art Gallery Bulletin 2011, 42–47.
- “The Yale University Collection of Coins and Medals” in Commission International de Numismatique Compte-rendu 58 (2011) 30–35.
- The Oxford Handbook of Greek and Roman Coinage (New York and Oxford, 2012) (editor).
- The Later Republican Cistophori (expected 2013)
- “Asia” and “Bithynia” (cistophori) in Roman Provincial Coinage vol. 3.