Mail and Package Theft Prevention for Undergraduates
Protecting Outgoing Mail
- Drop off your mail at Yale Station during business hours.
- Use U.S. Mail drop boxes outside of Yale Station after business hours.
Protecting Incoming Mail
- Take out a Post Office Box and pick up your mail at Yale Station.
- Remove mail from your mailbox as soon as possible after it is delivered.
- UPS and FedEx packages can be received at Yale Station.
- Send any FedEx package directly to a FedEx Office location (formerly Kinko's). If using FedEx Express, you can also have it held for pickup at FedEx. Look up FedEx locations at: www.fedex.com under Ship then Find FedEx Locations.
- Even after a package is en route, you can redirect it to a nearby FedEx location for pickup. Go to fedex.com and enter the tracking number or call 1-800-GO-FEDEX to request this option. It's available with Express, Ground and Home Delivery shipments.
- Consider UPS My Choice
- When consumers sign up they will receive an email or text message the day before their packages are delivered.
- Consumers can always change your delivery address on UPS.com or by calling 1-800-PICK-UPS.