The Policy Board has several major functions in support of the Union-Management Partnership and Best Practices Initiative.
- The Policy Board sets strategic direction for the partnership between Yale and Locals 34 and 35. It delegates the “steering” of initiatives to the Initiative Steering Committee.
- It addresses policy-level decisions which may impact multiple departments at the University.
- It monitors strategic and policy implications of joint union-management collaborative projects, as directed by the Initiative Steering Committee or departmental JDC’s.
- It encourages a focus on sustained results and a positive impact on the larger organizational culture at Yale.
- It actively addresses difficult conflicts that span multiple departments, are escalating, and / or may impact the union-management partnership.
- It provides financial and other resources to support the Partnership and Best Practices Initiative.
- It appoints the Best Practices Director, Best Practice Facilitators and the Communications Team.
- It evaluates the performance of the Best Practices Director and Best Practices Group.
Last Updated: April 14, 2009 (kp).