Equipment Use Policy
- The YUAL maintains a selection of field and laboratory equipment for Department membersí use. A list of such equipment is maintained by the Laboratory Assistant. The individual must demonstrate familiarity with the operation of the equipment before use. If the user is not familiar with the operation of the equipment, they must undergo initial training through the Laboratory Assistant or faculty member.
- The primary purpose of the equipment is to support the instructional program. Secondary priority will be for graduate and undergraduate student research conducted under the auspices of the Archaeology Division of the Department of Anthropology and the Council on Archaeological Studies, Yale University. Other loans may be possible on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note, there may be individual laboratory policies regarding some of the equipment.
- Requests for equipment outside of course use, must be made by filling out the YUAL Equipment Loan Form. For off-campus use, the Departmental Equipment Loan Form must also be submitted, which can be picked up at the Department of Anthropology Registrar's Office at 10 Sachem Street Room 102. Please allow at least 2 days for processing for the departmental form.
- Please inform the YUAL Laboratory Assistant of problems with equipment immediately. This will help determine which pieces are in need of maintenance or repairs. If there are any problems with the equipment while on loan off-campus, the department must be notified immediately with proper documentation (incident reports, police reports, etc.).
- Borrowers are responsible for the costs of replacement or repair of equipment lost or damaged in their care, unless otherwise approved by the department.