the parachute factory
who we are
The Parachute Factory, established January 2008, is a unique collaboration between the Yale Program for Recovery and Community Health (PRCH), the Community Services Network of Greater New Haven (CSN), and the Arts Council of Greater New Haven.
Through collaboration, exploration, and research we seek to:
- Foster community and individual health through the arts
- Stimulate creativity and artistic production on the grassroots level
- Expand access to the arts for people throughout our community
- Move the boundaries of our cultural dialogue into new and unexpected places
- Serve as a resource to artists exploring social themes
current happenings at the gallery
"White Collar. Blue Collar. Pink Slip." from June 24th through September 18th.
Gallery Hours: Wednesdays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays 12 noon to 5 p.m. and by appointment
previous exhibits & presentations
"Family Business" exhibit, from November 18, 2008 to February 27, 2009. (click for press release)
"Potluck" exhibit, 2008, with "Successes of the Citizens Project: Graduates Talk about Their Lives and Their Experiences" on 10/16/08
"Routes" exhibit, 2008, with "Routes of Recovery: What Do We Know from Lived Experience" presentation on 8/21/08